Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Transition has begun....

dun dun dun..... I am starting to turn....into an official adult! (is this a sign of my impending 30's?) This past week I have not been able to sleep in!!!! My alarm goes off at 6:00 am and usually I'm barely aware of the alarm as I hit the snooze button until 7:00 am...but this week, I could not go back to sleep after it had gone off, I laid there thinking about school, work, life, etc until I finally forced myself out of bed. I thought it might be just this week b/c it was a little stressful, but today-Saturday, I am up before 8:00 am!! We have Katlynn staying with us and she usually is up first, coming to my beside saying "Aunt Sarah, I'm hungry." I have my alarm set for 8:00 am, but I was up in bed a little before 7 and lying there thinking...you've got to be kidding me! I'm up before the kiddo!! and on a Saturday where I've had an exhausting week!!!

I'm expecting over the next several months to make this transition into an official adult complete:
-New bedtime-10 pm...I'll be showered and in bed ready to sleep
-I'll be up on the weekends before dawn
-I'll be able to drink coffee-black
-I'll start reading the newspaper (or on the internet)
-I'll start DVRing 60 minutes and other news programs
-I'll be able to enjoy all wines - not just the super sweet
-I'll be a home owner-yikes-already on the way!

So watch out....I'm slowly turning into my mother!

3 comments:

koenigkc said...

Hey, hey! Nothing wrong with all the above (maybe the DVRing 60 minutes is a little overboard...I kid).

Black coffee is DELICIOUS! You'll see.

I'm with you on that 10pm bedtime thing. Trying to do that myself.

Good goals :) But remember, you can STILL HAVE FUN even when you get older. I'm all about it!

Sarah said...

I have found out getting up this early has made me super productive-i've already picked up the house, done the dishes, and i'm about to start laundry!

parenting noobs said...

I am a morning person. I love to get things done early so that I can enjoy the rest of the day. I am usually the first one at the office, too (same reason). Get my coffee, check my email and be ready for the day before people start rolling in. :) It's nice. Plus, then I don't feel too bad about socializing for a while during the day. :)