Sunday, June 15, 2008

10 year flashback

So.....I went to my 10 year high school reunion this Saturday and there are a few things I realized.... (besides that I'm freakin old....)

1. I'm so glad I'm not in high school anymore.
I realized the person I used to be with these people is not who I am now. I used to be shy, withdrawn, and unsure of myself and I still feel like I can be those things occasionally, but for the most part I feel like I know who I am and I'm not afraid to be that person, which is a great feeling.

2. A big %&#$ hurricane can make any situation fun!
This reunion would have been a little dull if it weren't for the alcohol that made everyone look great, made me feel like I looked great, encouraged dancing and socialization even with people I didn't know! WooHoo--go rum! (hopefully I'll have some great drunk pictures soon...)

3. I have great friends and a great husband.
I realized that the friends I've kept along the years are the best ever and I don't need to go to a reunion to see who I've missed out on, but to see what I do have right now. This reunion would have been dull, even with the alcohol if it wasn't for Sarah and Rachael--they were the best part of the reunion!

There were some people that I enjoyed talking to and catching up with, even exchanged numbers with an old friend and we're going to meet up for dinner soon, so all in all it was a good night.

Today's word
verdure \VUR-jur\, noun:Green; greenness; freshness of vegetation; as, the verdure of the meadows in June
http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2008/06/17.html

"The grass is always more verdure on the other side" haha

2 comments:

koenigkc said...

I feel as if I'm going to have the same outcome at my 10yr!

parenting noobs said...

I'm not going to mine... I only went to the Texas high school for one year. Didn't really have a lot of friends.

Glad you had a good time at yours. :)

And, you are NOT old!!!